Soul mate (poem 2)

Yet another morning,
I have boarded an overcrowded bus..
Finding a space for my feet
And settling for a full forty-five minutes drive
To my college,
I'm trying to read
The faces around me..
My favourite pastime these days
Those half-smiles,
Mischievous eyes,
Perplexed faces,
Hushed conversations,
Those gestures shared discreetly yet never going unnoticed
Between new love-birds...
I wonder sometimes,
Do these faces really interest me,
Or is it an unconscious quest
For 'You'....

और एक सुबह
चढ़ती हूँ
एक भीड़ भरी बस में,
खड़े होने भर जगह बनाती हूँ
पूरे पैंतालीस मिनट की दूरी
अपने कॉलेज तक तय करने के लिए,
और कोशिश करती हूँ अपने आसपास के चेहरों को पढ़ने की...
इन दिनों यही मेरा पसंदीदा शग़ल है,
वो आधी मुस्कानें,
वो शरारती नज़रें,
उलझन भरे चेहरे,
कानाफूसी वाली बातें,
और नव प्रेमी-युगल के
छुपते-छुपाते किये गए वो इशारे,
जो दरअसल बच नहीं पाते किसी की नज़र से...
पर कभी-कभी सोचती हूँ,
क्या सचमुच इन चेहरों में
दिलचस्पी है मुझे,
या फिर अनजाने ही तलाशती हूँ
"तुम" को...
©विनीता सुराना 'किरण'






Comments

Popular posts from this blog

लाल जोड़ा (कहानी)

एक मुलाक़ात रंगों से

कहानी (मुक्तक)