You’re So Sweet, My Love!




"You're so sweet, my love!"
Those were the first words,
Your mouth framed,
When we stood holding hands,
Exchanging the vows.
You looked in my eyes
And my face glowed with love.

 

Two years later,
A tiny flower bloomed
In the garden of our love,
A little prince
With an angelic face
Who smiled
When you took him in your arms.
"You're so sweet, my love…..
And so is your mom"
Those were the first words,
Your mouth framed.
You looked in my eyes
And my face glowed with love.

 

Years later, at every new sunrise
My ears strained for those special words.
I searched in your eyes
For that long lost love
And then came a stormy night
That blew away
All that mattered
And left as residue
Burnt embers of love,
A namesake relation.

 

A roof
We still shared
Building walls not around
But between us.
The day I opened a door
To move out and breathe some fresh air,
I looked in your eyes
And there it was
Lying on a death-bed
Taking its last few breaths
A flickering flame
About to extinguish,
The love we once shared.

 

Good-byes are never easy
Yet I just couldn't leave
Without a last deep look
To memorize that mouth
Which had framed so often
Those words unforgotten.
At my first step to walk out
A hand held my face
And I heard those magical words
"You're so sweet, my love!"
My frozen heart melted
Overflowing from the almost dried pools.
A new spring emerged
That drenched us both to the core.
We stood holding hands
Recalling those forgotten vows
Watching the sunset
To be ushered into a new starlight night.
A night with new dreams and 
Hope for a new-born day.
-Vinita Surana 'Kiran'                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                     

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

लाल जोड़ा (कहानी)

एक मुलाक़ात रंगों से

कहानी (मुक्तक)