A Date With My Self

Another day was about to move
Into the arms of moonlit night.
A sea of emotions
Flooded with long-suppressed currents
Threatened to break the shores.
I sat there on the sands of time
Watching the winds create ripples
In the silent waves.
The waves rejoiced as if tickled
Danced to the tunes of joy
Sang in whispering soft notes.
Then someone whispered
How much life has loved me,
Moments lost were to be treasured
Not mourned.
A voice sweeter than a bird singing
Urged me to relax and dive deep
Into the waves of love.
I swam diving deeper and deeper.
A treasure of sweet memoirs,
All fragrant and beautiful,
Opened up and enveloped me.
I floated as if weightless,
Rejoicing in my new found freedom....
To love and be loved.
BY- Vinita Surana

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

लाल जोड़ा (कहानी)

एक मुलाक़ात रंगों से

कहानी (मुक्तक)