That Unsung Song







In the solitude of night,
Through the open window
Enters a whiff of a familiar perfume,
Sailing on the wings of breeze.
Pages from my diary flutter
To reveal yet again,
An unsung song
Of unrequited love.


Memories of moments
Cherished with care,
Haunt the night
Like a spell of
Loosely woven dreams.
That arresting smile
Which stole my heart,
Seems to envelop me in its charm.
Eyes that spoke
A million words,
Touch me somewhere deep
In the soul.
Warmth of your love
Fills the room
With a radiance unmatched
And a strong sense
Of faith and hope.
A wish to bring melody
To that unsung song
Of the unrequited love.


Times unmeasured
Passed by,
Leaving imprints clear and dear
To fill my days with half rainbows
And nights with faint shadows.
Every now and then,
A breeze secretly enters my room
And flutters those pages
Which enfold that unsung song
Of the unrequited love.
By- Vinita Surana

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

लाल जोड़ा (कहानी)

एक मुलाक़ात रंगों से

कहानी (मुक्तक)