A Moonless Night

A moonless night and whispering shadows,
Stars playing hide n seek in the clouds,
Are you there somewhere?
Or have you broken your promise?

A promise
To meet and share each day's journey
To wrap your arms n soothe me
To kiss me good night and lull me to sleep
And drift me to the world of our dream.

A dream where
You walk beside me on the sand and below the trees
We dance in the rain and drench in our love
I'm lost in your melody strung by the chords
Eyes speak volumes and smile whispers.

This is the only night I fear
When the silvery moon disappear
For he's the one who brings you to me
This is the longest night
When I wait and count
Each moment that seem to drag
Till the first ray of light reaches me
With a promise of a new day
To be ushered into a beautiful new moon night.

By-Vinita Surana

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

लाल जोड़ा (कहानी)

एक मुलाक़ात रंगों से

कहानी (मुक्तक)